MAD 4 Christ

MAD 4 Christ is a Christian devotion website. I'll be updating with new devotions, so please comment and keep checking back!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Who Is Your Master?

"The most important decision you'll ever make in your life is who your master will be. There are only two choices: God or satan and the world." My pastors words have stuck with me and planted themselves in my heart since that message he had preached early one Sunday morning. Yet the meaning of his words went far deeper than what he said. I knew that I needed to make the decision to either follow God wholeheartedly and let Him be the master of my life or to let satan lead my life by way of the world and lead me into darkness and despair.

I had two choices. There were no in-between or gray areas. There was no turning back. I knew that I had to choose who to follow or someone or something was going to choose to lead me. The way that my heart tends to lean towards the world and its ways, I realized that if I didn't choose a master, the world was going to master me. I knew that I didn't want that, because I knew that eventually that would only lead me into darkness and depression and heartache. The only other choice was God - the One who promises light, joy, peace, and real, true life.

You would think that one would choose to allow God to be their master if He promises so much good to His followers. Yet there are many people who allow the world to become their master and they follow it and its crowds into darkness. Many people choose the world to become the master of their hearts and lives and walk straight into a dark pit of sorrow, despair and death. Yet because of God's amazing grace and love, He has pulled me numerous times off of the edge of that pit, as I was struggling to keep myself from falling into it completely. God grabbed ahold of my arms and gently lifted me out of that deep, dark, painful pit and held me in His arms. The words that were whispered to me from Him that day were very clear. I cannot follow and allow both God and the world to be my masters. It's either one or the other. I chose God - and everytime I am hanging on with all of my strength to the edge of that pit, he pulls me out. My God is good, and my God is the master of my life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly,
Thank you so much for your wisdom and guidance in my life. You never cease to amaze me! I am so Blessed by God to have you as my daughter. I truly seem to learn something from your life daily. You are amazing Molly! Continue to walk in the light as you shine for Him!
I love you so much Molly!
Love your Blessed Mother

Sunday, January 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly,
Thank you for sharing your story.
God bless you as you point others to the only One who has given us hope and guidance for life. Jesus Christ our Savior. -Nicole Vidal

Saturday, August 23, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home