MAD 4 Christ

MAD 4 Christ is a Christian devotion website. I'll be updating with new devotions, so please comment and keep checking back!

Friday, November 24, 2006

What to Believe?

So many people have so many different views and so many different beliefs and morals that it’s just like, “AGH! What am I supposed to follow?
How do I know what’s right and what’s wrong?”
All the different beliefs, morals, views, faiths, and religions can really confuse you and clutter your mind. So a lot of you might not have a religion, just because of that reason. A lot of you probably don’t want to live in all that religious and confusing clutter that causes arguments and problems.
Well let me tell you, I don’t blame you. I honestly hate religion. I don’t want to be religious. I don’t want to have anything to do with religion. Why?Because I’m not religious. I don’t have a religion and I don’t have anything to do with a religion.“But you’re a Christian! Don’t tell me you’re not religious!”
I’m not religious. Let me say it again. I’m not in any religion whatsoever.Do you want to know what I’m in? I’m in a personal relationship with Jesus. I have a relationship with the Creator of the universe. “That sounds so unbelievable. You’re such a fake,” some of you might be thinking. Tell me about it. It is unbelievable. It’s very unbelievable.
I believe it, though, because Jesus willingly died (yes, willingly died) to take the punishment of our sins. He wanted to die for you. Let me say that again. He wanted to die for you, because He loves you. Yes, He loves you. You, you who are reading this right now. Jesus loves you so much that He died for you so that you wouldn’t have to die and perish forever because of your sins. He died for you so that you wouldn’t have to pay the price for all the wrong you’ve done in your life, for all the wrong you’ve done just today. Jesus died for you because He loves you and He wants to be in a relationship with you.
Jesus is waiting for you to turn to Him and to love Him. Jesus has been waiting for you all your life. Jesus wants you so badly He died for you. “But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” Romans 5:8Every single one of us has sinned (done wrong), but that’s why Jesus died for us. Jesus is so merciful – Jesus loves you so much - that He offers us the gift of eternal life with Him forever after we die.“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
Ok, so what are you supposed to do to get that gift – that free gift of Salvation that God offers?
“For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9That’s another wonderful thing I didn’t tell you – God raised Jesus from the dead. Jesus is alive right now sitting at the right hand of God in Heaven. All you have to do is talk to God and tell Him that you believe in Him and that you want Him to come into your life right now. Your prayer doesn’t have to be big and fancy, all God wants is for you to talk to Him like you would to your friend – because He wants to be your friend.
Or maybe you still doubt God and Who He is and that He’s actually real. I guess all I can say is that it takes faith. It takes true faith to believe in something like that, something that most people believe is a fairy tale or in ancient history.
God is definitely not just in ancient history, I can prove that one to you by what He’s done for me, but God is here with you right now and He wants you right now. It’s up to you. The final decision is yours, but I made the decision to follow God and I’m telling you I really don’t know what I would do without Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home